How does GPS Tracker Software work?
GPSServer GPS Tracker Software Online demo
Click “Demo” in the top right corner of this page for an online demo.GPSServer GPS Tracker Software Basic requirements
- You need a GPS device for each object you want to track, a GPS device receives position information from GPS satellites and forwards it to GPS-server.net. There are also vehicle mounted GPS devices, asset tracking devices and personal tracking devices that include both GPS and a mobile data module.
- Your GPS device needs to have an internet connection to send position data to GPS-server.net. The most common option is to use a data subscription in 2G or 3G mobile networks. Most dedicated GPS devices include a mobile data module that uses standard SIM cards.
Start using GPS-server.net
How much does it cost to use this service?
- Newly added GPS devices can be used for 14 days FREE with our service. If you would like to continue using our service, please purchase personal account plan from our shop or once device trial period expires.
How to start using the GPS-server.net service?
- If you still do not have GPS device, you can buy one on eBay or any other shop. Look at our list of supported devices to find a suitable device or verify that your device is supported by GPS-server.net.
- Android and iOS mobile devices can be transformed into a GPS device with GPS Tracker application which can be found in our Mobile Apps page.
- Click “Registration” in the top right corner of this page to create an account in GPS-server.net, more details here.
- Log in and add GPS device IMEI number to your object list, more details here.
How to configure the GPS device to connect GPS-server.net?
- Refer to GPS device owner’s manual how to set server IP and PORT. Our server IP and PORT can be found at the supported devices page.
- Set GPS device APN. (Ask GSM operator what APN to use with your device SIM card. Check if there is a username/password needed for the APN).
- Make sure that your GPS device time zone is set to 0 UTC. If not it will show incorrect time or event won’t work.
- If you still have problems, please check to troubleshoot or contact our support team, we will be glad to help you.
Will GPS device work inside the building?
- The GPS device may not work inside the building, because of signal absence with GPS satellites. Take it out or put into the car.
How long does GPS-server.net keep history?
- 90 days, but GPS Tracker Software is possible to save history tracks in GSR format. Later you can load them just directly from a file.